INCI: Macadamia Ternifolia
Origin: Kenya / South Africa / Australia / Mexico / Guatemala
Smell: Weak aroma
Color: Clear / light yellow
Where does that stuff come from?
- Macadamia is a genus of plants in the silver tree family.
- Macadamia species grow as trees, sometimes with several trunks and, depending on the species, reach heights of 6 to 18 meters.
- It is best known for the fruit of the two species Macadamia integrifolia and Macadamia tetraphylla, the seeds of which are called macadamia nuts.
- The oil is extracted from the nut and then refined and deodorized.
What can this stuff do?
- This oil is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants; it is moisturizing and nourishing.
- Contains the fatty acids omega-7 and omega-9.
- A light, nutty oil that is absorbed quickly without leaving a greasy feeling on the skin.
- Macadamia nut oil also contains palmitoleic acid (omega-7), which has a similar composition to the skin sebum naturally produced by our skin.
- The supply of palmitoleic acid to our skin decreases with age; By using macadamia nut oil, you can increase the amount of this essential fatty acid.
- Palmitoleic acid is an antioxidant that helps fight free radicals, making the oil the ideal choice for mature skin.
- Macadamia nut oil provides intensive moisture, revitalizes the skin and makes it soft. So it is the perfect choice for dry skin.
- It quickly penetrates the top layer of skin, making it ideal for anyone who wants a facial oil that doesn’t stay on the skin for too long.
- Macadamia nut oil is an excellent emollient (softens the skin) that is quickly absorbed into the skin without leaving a greasy feeling on the skin.
- It traps moisture and the skin stays moisturized and feels well cared for.
- Macadamia nut oil is a great oil for hair care.
- The essential fatty acids nourish the hair and give it shine.
- The oil lies over the strands of hair, keeps moisture out and prevents frizzy hair.
- It can be used as a nourishing hair treatment or applied before styling to smooth hair and give it shine.
- The nutty-smelling oil is not comedogenic (value 2) and can be used for brittle, dry and sensitive skin.
- Macadamia nut oil provides a lot of moisture and is therefore suitable for the care of the skin, hair and scalp.