[vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]
INCI: Olea europaea
Colour: Colorless[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_empty_space height=”30px”][vc_single_image image=”1595″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Where does that stuff come from?
- Squalane was originally only made from shark liver.
- This is where the name comes from – ‘Squalus’ is the Latin name for ‘shark’.
- In the meantime, it is also obtained from the unsaponifiable residues of olive oil and is often called ‘phytosqualan’ in this form to emphasize the vegetable origin.
- In fact, squalane is not an oil, it just feels like it’s one when applied – it’s an oily fluid!
What can this stuff do?
- Squalane is considered an absolute insider tip for natural skin care, because the care substance from nature preserves the moisture content of the skin and makes it particularly soft and supple.
- Squalan has a spreading value of 602, which is usually rated as “excellent” in the spreadability among natural oils.
- The protective cosmetic properties are very similar to human sebum (sebum).
- Olive qualan is often used to make cosmetic products that are not supposed to be greasy.
- for a soft and silky skin feeling absorbs well into the skin without being greasy.
- As a pure fluid, the skin oil is very easy to apply and it absorbs quickly and completely without leaving an annoying film on the skin surface.
- It absorbs well into the skin without being greasy and gives a soft and silky skin feeling.
- The use of squalane prevents the oxidation of the skin’s own fats and thus acts as an antioxidant, i.e. as a radical scavenger. Free radicals, we know, are the main cause of premature wrinkles.
- A few drops of the oily liquid on the skin are enough to achieve this special protective effect.
- But it doesn’t just apply to the skin, it also cares for dry and damaged hair.
- It protects the hair from drying out and prevents brittle and split ends.
- Glossy and brittle hair regenerates faster and becomes supple, smooth and receives a new shimmer.